World Film Federation and subsidiaries emphatically value the trust and integrity of our users.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and preserving your trust over the entirety of your relationship with us, assisting the progress, opportunity and development of your chosen career path.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect information that may personally identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) or (PII), such as when you sign up for an account on the Site and the following items:
- (i)Make an investment,
- (ii)Provide payment instructions
- (iii)Fill out and complete correct bank form information
- (iv)Comment on a part of the Site
- (v)Provide your Passport or identification-document
- (vi)Provide us with access to your accounts on third-party sites (“Third-Party Sites”).
The personal information collected from the Third-Party Sites may be used to register you on our Site and to provide some of our Services. You may be able to revoke our access to your account on the Third-Party Sites by updating the appropriate settings in the account preferences of the respective Third-Party Sites. You understand that certain features of our Site may not be available to you if you choose to remove our access to your account with the Third-Party Sites.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) may include, among other things the following items:
- (i)Email address,
- (ii)Full legal name
- (iii)Phone number and contact details
- (v)Address details,
- (vi)Investment experience
- (vii)Educational history
- (viii)Professional history.
If you choose to pay through our Site, we will collect payment information from you, such as financial account information or card payment information and we may collect information to verify your income or net-worth. Please note that we do not store your card payment information but we do store other financial information. If you choose to add an investment entity to your account, we will also collect information about the entity. The decision to provide this information is optional. However, if you decide Not to register or provide such information, you may Not be able to use certain features of the Site or the Services.
We may automatically collect information that does not identify an individual user, such as IP (internet protocol) address, ISP (internet service provider), the web browser used to visit the Site, the time the Site is visited, which web pages were visited on the Site, a mobile device-type identifier and other anonymous Site usage data. We may use third-party analytics services which provide us with a clearer picture of how you use the Site, such as where you click on the Site, non-sensitive text entered into the Site, and mouse movements.
If you choose to become a Member and make an account, we provide private messaging services between registered-users of the Site; while we do not monitor these messages, we will periodically select a few to review for compliance and audit purposes; therefore, you should assume any message you send through the Site may later be accessed by our staff or our regulators for compliance or audit purposes.
How We Share and Use Your Information
We may share information you provide to us amongst our affiliated entities. If the Services you use are exclusively provided by one of the entities, you have the right to limit the other affiliated entities from contacting you for marketing purposes (“Affiliate Marketing”), please see Your Choice About Your Information below for details.
We provide the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) on a Confidential basis to non-affiliated companies we engage as vendors or agents:
- To facilitate the Services provided on our site, such as escrow agents, transfer agents, counsels, advisers, accountants, banks and other financial service providers, and
- To service our operation, such as maintaining software or servers, designing or implementing marketing initiatives on our behalf, or conducting audit or testing of any aspect of our operation or Services. Information will be shared with such parties only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services for us or on our behalf and pursuant to confidentiality obligations or in response to information requests, subpoenas, court orders or legal process, from law enforcement agencies, self-regulatory organizations, State, Federal and Foreign regulators.
- (i) To deliver and improve our Services
- (ii) To manage your account and provide you with customer support
- (iii) To perform research and analysis about your use of the Services
- (iv) To develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Services and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites or mobile application
- (v) To diagnose or fix technology problems
- (vi) To automatically update the Services
- (vii) To verify your identify and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
- (viii) To enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms of Service
- (ix) To provide users with statistics on how they use the Site relative to other anonymous users
- (x) To perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) to measure site traffic.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the WORLD FILM FEDERATION services. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Information Provided in Discussion Forums
Securities offerings on the WFF or IFN Portal all include a publicly accessible discussion forum as well as an “investment reason” forum. Additionally, other pages on the Site allow for public comment and discussion (“Public Comment”). You should be aware that any information you provide in these forums may be read, collected, and used by the Site’s users and the general public. Information that you disclose in any of these forums is non-encrypted, public information, and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality there; we reserve the right to use all Public Comments on the Site for marketing purposes.
IMPORTANT: Please refrain from disclosing any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) about yourself or anyone else in these discussion forums.
If you choose to post a Public Comment on the Site through whatever means provided by the Site, we may share that Public Comment through other channels, including through the Site’s social media presences, as we see fit. If you subsequently delete or make private your Public Comment, we will discontinue any subsequent use, but cannot retract previous re-publications of your previously Public Comment.
If you choose to make your investment public (“Public Investment Notice”) through whatever means provided by the Site, we may share that “Public Investment Notice” through other channels, including through the Site’s social media presences, as we see fit. If you subsequently make your Public Investment Notice private, or withdraw such investment, we will discontinue any subsequent use, but cannot retract previous re-publications of your previously-public Public Investment Notice.
Note also that in the ordinary course of internet activity, certain information may be sent from your browser to third parties such as advertising networks and analytics companies.
World Film Federation has No control over the information sent from your browser to those networks or other third parties and recommends that you ensure that your browser settings prevent the disclosure of information you would Not like to share.
You’re Choices about Your Information
You may decline to submit Personally Identifiable Information (PII) through the Services, in which case WFF or IFN may not be able to provide certain Services to you. In addition, you may update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging into your account. If you would like us to remove or amend your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from our database, please send a request to worldfilmfederation.
Please Note: As many of the Services we provide are regulated, we will Not be able to remove Personally Identifiable Information (PII) we are required to retain for audit purposes.
When you sign up for our Services, we will send periodic emails to you regarding the Services or to tell you about Services we believe will be of interest to you.
You may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails. If you do not wish to receive Affiliate Marketing, or any marketing, in general, you may always opt out by accessing your notification settings.
You can also opt out of promotional email communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email you receive from us, or you can contact us at World Film Federation
You’re California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine The Light” law permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us as soon as possible.
You’re European Union Privacy Rights
The Federation is pleased to have Users who reside in the European Union (“EU Users”).
World Film Federation has voluntarily adopted certain provisions from the European Union’s General Data Privacy Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). By accessing this Site, EU Users abide by the following items:
- (i) Agree to consent to the Terms of Service ;
- (ii) Will be informed of any instance where WFF or IFN becomes aware of a data breach, when it is likely to result in a risk for EU Users rights and freedoms, notwithstanding that this provision shall in no way affect your inability to find the Company liable for the negligence of its employees, partners, agents, third-party providers or Content providers;
- (iii) Will be able to request a copy of the personal data The Federation collects, free of charge, in an electronic format that is “portable” (as defined by the GDPR),
- (iv) May contest the validity of the data the Company holds and ask for it to be amended;
- (v) Will be able to request WFF or IFN to remove their data from the Site pursuant to Section 17 of the GDPR, however due to regulated status, while the World Film Federation may remove data from publicly searchable parts of the Site (i.e. mark said data as “restricted data”), however, by using the Services, you expressly agree to allow World Film Federation to maintain all necessary data to meet its regulatory obligations, specifically to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and any other agency authorized by law to monitor and regulate World Film Federation.
EU Users should be aware that;
- (i) World Film Federation requires all third-party data processors uses to inform us of any instance they become aware of a data breach, when it is likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms.
- (ii) World Film Federation makes appropriate inquiries into the data privacy protections and policies of all third-party providers we engage
- (iii) World Film Federation will Not Sell your data for marketing purposes and Will Not utilize your data for direct marketing;
- (iv)World Film Federation’s Site is designed for data privacy and security. WFF is always working to improve its data privacy and protection mechanisms, both by monitoring existing policies, procedures and programs, as well as assessing and developing new ones.
- All requests associated with the above can be made by emailing; firstname.lastname@example.org, or our contact page.
Changes of Control
In the event World Film Federation entity mergers with another entity, is sold, or transfers its assets, we may disclose or transfer information we collect from you in connection with the negotiation and or conclusion of such transaction.
Security and Storage of Your Information
We use commercially reasonable efforts to follow generally accepted standards to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as bank account information) on our Site, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is free of Risk. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
We disclaim all responsibility and liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or is needed to provide you the Services and may retain your data after you discontinue use of the Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including to meet our regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
Please Note: The laws of the United States of America might not be as comprehensive or protective as laws in the country where you live.
Opt out of certain cookies tracking: The Site uses tools to facilitate the collection of information. For example, the Site uses Google Analytics, if you wish to disable Google Analytics from all websites you visit (not limited to this Site), you can follow this link. Please contact us if you wish to opt out of any of the tools we use.
How to Contact Us